Monday, June 1, 2009

One of my roommates

I have a roommate in Eton Hall called Hu Shangpeng. He comes from Huazhong University in Hunan Province.
The first time I saw him, I didn’t have any special impression about him. But this is just in the view of a man. A few weeks later, I found many girls were talking about him secretly. It seemed that he was very popular among girls. So from then on I started to observe him.
He is about 180 cm high, so it is not surprised to me that he can play basketball. But the thing that surprises me is that he can play it so well. Every time he plays, he will be the core man in the team and will also attract many girls’ attention. He is only weaker than another boy from Dalian University.
A few weeks after we lived in Eton Hall, we had a billiard ball match. Surprised I found his name on the player list. Then I went to see the match. It was really a fierce match. He defeated many players and came to the final round. Unfortunately he lost the last round. But he was still the second. From then on he was more popular among the girls.
Since he is always the second in any sports, we always call him Mr Second for kidding. We think since he is so popular among girls, he will fall in love with a girl soon. But later we find he has already had a girl friend in China and every Saturday he will call his girl friend for more than an hour. So we know he is not a play boy, on the contrary he is very single minded. He always says for fun that he can think out how he can’t be popular among the girls.
He is really a nice person. Thanks to his single minded, we will have more chance to chase the girls we want.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sharing. You have observed him so well. He is very outstanding among peers and we should learn from him a lot of things. I also know him very well since I am also in Huazhong university. He is a very nice boy. He does very well in sports as well as studies but he is very humble. Besides, there is one thing you have omitted, that is he is also very handsome. I strongly agree with you that he is very popular among girls( that is what we always envy), but he is by no mean a playboy. He told us that he would only love his girl friend no matter what would happen. I admire this characteristic very much.
    He is very kind to all the people around him. He always remains calm and patient no matter what happens. He teaches me to play basketball and pool. He never says anything that may discourage me. No matter what I do, he will give some positive comments. If I happen to give some good shoots, he never fails to praise me and encourage me to do better. I have learnt a lot of things from him. I am very proud to have a school mate like him.

    ReplyDelete