Sunday, May 31, 2009

Meals at Home

A few weeks ago we had a wonderful experience. We were involved in a program called meals at home. Last week was the first we went to our host family.
Since there is a long way between Eton Hall and our host family, we took the MRT. We rushed all the way to our host family. After we left the train and waited for a few minutes, one of our host family members came to drove us to their home. We had a tough experience, because there is not enough room for us in the car. I had to sit on one of my friends’ legs. I thought he suffered a lot. I had said that he should sit on my legs, not the other way round, but he insisted to do so. I felt really guilty.
In our host family’s home, we had a big meal. The food was really fantastic. We tried some of the wonderful local food. I had a good appetite that I did not have for a long time. Besides, we talked happily. It was the first time I had confident in my English. We did not find any obstacle when we were communicating. We talked about almost every thing. One of the uncles told a lot of stories which were really interesting. He was graduated from NUS, so he was actually our seniors. He told a lot of interesting things in the university which was amazing. One thing was that they had so called naked festival, which I could not imagine.
The hosts were very kind. When the time we had to went back to Eton Hall, uncle insisted to drive us back to Eton Hall. I think it was kind enough if they could say goodbye to us outside the door, but they drove us back to Eton Hall. I thought they were so generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment